Monday, March 9, 2015

Day 1 - Starting at Daylight Savings Time was not the Best Idea

DAY 1 of 69:  GOAL DATE MAY 16, 2015
Daylight savings was this weekend and we lost an oh so precious hour on Sunday.  I didn't sleep well, was up from 11:30 pm to 3:30 am (partially because my hubby was out of town, and I don't sleep well when he's gone, I know, insert the "aww, ain't that sweet, here), so when I finally fell back to sleep at 3:30 am, that 6:00 am alarm was the last thing I wanted to hear. It woke me up at 6:00 a.m. to workout, the question is did I get up???? Well, did I after only 4 hours of sleep.......... For those of you in suspense......................................... NOPE!   I stayed in bed until 7:00 because at that moment I could not convince my body, which was warm and cozy cuddled in my covers to move to the basement and push play on the DVD player. (My body has a nasty mind of it own, which it will be getting a severe "Attitude adjustment" meeting with me later today.)

But this doesn't mean I've started this day in the negative, I did get up and take ALL my Advocare and by 9:12 a.m. I had consumed 42 ounces of the 128 ounces of water for the day.  No soda to start my day.  So far, not so hard, but I always say I only have two addictions and that's my Diet Pepsi in the morning and my Starbursts in the afternoon.  I did my Spark and Oasis and noticed after I took my fiber drink and all the pills I needed to take, I wasn't hungry. (It's alot to consume in the morning, you would think they could combine of these daily pills together, but hey I'm not in the pharmaceutical business, so what do I know.)

Yes, I realize I haven't had what would be considered food at this point.  But on day one, I'm slightly sleep deprived and when I'm tired I have a horrible tendency to just eat whatever.  I also think drinking my water on the steady keeps me feeling full.  Plus I am trying to make a conscience effort to be present in my eating habits.

At 10:15 a.m for my break I ran home quick and made 2 eggs and proceeded to wolf them down since I was very limited for time. But have to say, they were very good, but now I have to make a grocery run, because I'm out of eggs.  Wouldn't you know it.

I don't know about anyone else but when I'm tired, I lose my determination, I just want to stuff my face with stuff that is so not good for me and do nothing, that is not part of this plan, so I am bucking up and telling that voice in my head to "SHUT UP", I will succeed this time.  Defeat is not an option.

I've decided to add a food diary at the end of each blog to keep track of what I put through my lips.  I do keep track via Fitness Pal app on my phone which I really like because it syncs with my Fitbit.

Day one is coming to an end.  Have my supper already planned and ready and I have the DVD player ready for me the minute I get home after I put in supper for the boys.  Doing some cardio today, plus I walked over my lunch which definitely cleared my head and woke me up because it was such a nice day out.

I've drank my entire gallon of water  as of 3:00 p.m. and probably will drink at least 3 more cups tonight before bed, so that will be a total of 152 ounces of water.  It wasn't hard but I did have to make a conscience effort to drink it, but didn't crave my Starburst this afternoon so that was a plus.  So have a good night everyone and we will see if I can get myself out of bed in the morning for strength training (DVD Day 2).


Food Log Monday 03/09/15
Breakfast:  (7:00 a.m.)
1-Advocare Fiber Drink
2-OmegaPlex
2-Catalyst
1-Thermoplus
1-Biotune
1-Clear Mood
1-Oasys Packet (mixed with fiber drink)
1- 1/2 scoop of Spark (mixed with fiber drink)

AM SNACK (10:15 a.m.)
2 eggs (fried)

LUNCH
Steamed whole green beans (2 cups)

SUPPER:
1 chicken breast (grilled)
2 cups of broccoli/cauliflower/carrot blend
1/2 cup rice


To end, if you are traveling on this adventure with me and have words of encouragement or words of wisdom, ideas to improve, or just want to say hi, please feel free to do so.  But I do ask that if you have any negative comments or vibes, that you keep them to yourself.  Remember you DON'T HAVE TO READ THIS, it's just my way of sharing my journey and if it makes someone else feel like they have a kindred spirit in this crazy thing called "getting healthy and losing weight" then so be it.  Thank you for following me.

COUNTDOWN:
DAYS DOWN:   1
DAYS TO GO:   68



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Ahead- SUCKS

I know the majority of you out there in blog land enjoy the changing of the seasons from winter to spring and you give me grief for my l...