Tuesday, April 28, 2015

DAY 50-LAST DAY FOR ZUMBA

Day 50 is a slightly sad day as it will be the end of Zumba for the season.  I so enjoy getting to laugh and giggle and "attempt" to wiggle like my instructor, Miriam, which of course as a person with little rhythm I don't do well but I do try.

Zumba was my first link to the outside world where I got to spend an hour just being me and being able to just have fun.  Me time is something I have never been good about since becoming a mom.  I always marveled at those mothers that would go away for long weekends or go to dinner during the week or join a bowling league.  I always felt I "had" to be home.

Well I've never been a very good bowler and always knew my little people would not be little for long.  Yes I sacrificed some time and yes my husband would have been more than encouraging for me to have more outside interests.  But as someone who went through divorce at 10 (and this was when it wasn't as common), lost my mom at 13 and grew up in a male household, I wanted my kids to have a mom that was there.  That was one of the reasons why I took a job with Lifetouch because I got summers off and all the school holidays.

Now before I get a ton a comments on how it was my own fault for not taking "me time" and I'm not putting anyone down. If what works for you works, by all means, if it ain't broke don't fix it.  But I've never been able to put myself first.  EVER!  For the longest time I cared too much about how other people felt and thought than myself.  Sometimes to my own demise.  But as you get older, you get wiser ( or maybe you just get too tired to participate in the drama and realize that the only person you have power over is you) But I count those blessings I have, a GREAT husband, wonderful kids (who seem to think it's their mission at times to see how patient I can be or whether or not I am wearing my invisibility cloak or waiting until that one brief second I close the bathroom door to ask me a question), I have a great job, heck I have two great jobs and I spend time with those that I know wish me only well.  I proved my brain works by getting my securities license (who knew it was still firing all those neurons)

But sometimes I do feel like:



So where was I going with all this... To be honest, I was just shooting off the cuff and wasn't really going anywhere with it.  To change course a bit:

A huge Happy Birthday goes out to my workout buddy and dear friend, who makes sure I show up for class, rain or shine:

AMANDA!
I HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY IS AMAZING AND THE NEXT YEAR IS FILLED WITH LAUGHTER.  ALSO WE GET TO ZUMBA SO SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD WAY TO WORK OFF BIRTHDAY CAKE!  Also without my shyness, you would never get to have any "TMI" at Fusion and being able to smile while sweating and breathing hard!!!


The weather is getting nicer and it is harder to go into a building to workout, but without my new friends and workout divas, my weeks would be boring and filled with less laughter..

So 2 quotes today, why, just because.

QUOTES OF THE DAY
Balance is a tricky thing. Take your eyes off the horizon and sometimes you fall, but if you just keeping getting back on and riding, you will always move ahead.
(I know, pretty deep, right?  Sometimes I amaze myself at how Zen I can be, but then again, I feel like the picture above about the tequila and then all things get put back in perspective!)

Now I know I have an overinfestation of the terrible creatures and am working on getting the ZUMBA man or the Fusion Man (similiar to the Orken Man) to take care of these devilish creatures.

So a sweaty and fun filled evening of Zumba with the birthday girl and all my Zumba Divas, the 2 hours each week that I have gotten to spend with you has been enlightening to my soul and hopefully it has lightened my butt also.

And as anyone who has been in class with me knows, I'm a true soloist.  I believe that Miriam can attest to this, but I think Karla and I are Zumba soul mates!!!  Also I love that Miriam is a huge Pitbull fan, as am I (and not the dog breed, the singer/rapper who I just LOVE, who I have to say is kinda cute in a Mr. Clean kind of way lol)

So forward I go and tomorrow is a day be it adventure or challenge or just a big mell of a hess, I move therefore I am maintaining my balance!

COUNTDOWN:
DAYS DOWN:  50
DAYS TO GO:  19




1 comment:

  1. Thank you to all my Zumba Divas for all the fun nights of dancing and laughing. Forever your friend, Sandy J

    ReplyDelete

Spring Ahead- SUCKS

I know the majority of you out there in blog land enjoy the changing of the seasons from winter to spring and you give me grief for my l...