Friday, April 24, 2015

Day 46-only 20 days left on this Adventure or Challenge?

Day 46

Ok weighed myself and I went down 1 pound but that is my own fault for going off my path and reverting to my old ways a bit.  Notice if I don't have my gallon of water a day I'm just overly tired and have no energy.

I still have 20 days and 4 more pounds to hit my original goal but I would like to blast it out of the water by the end of the 20 days.  I just have to set my mind on go and make sure that my body follows.

So many changes happening in my little world that it is taking alot to process all the wonderful things that are changes and should change but it is taking a bit to get used to.  Having a daughter doing her own thing, a son graduating and soon starting college and my 6 foot 13 year old going to 8th grade and being my last one in public school.  I know I joke that I want all my children to move out and and pursue their dreams but it seems to be a lot of change all at once.  I am fortunate that my children seem to like to hang with us and they are around alot so it's not like I don't get to see them.  But every once in a while I get a little nostalgic and that's ok.  Change is a part of life and if I could just get my butt to be smaller, I would be forever happy with that particular change!!!

So prom this weekend for my son and doing a practice run of cupcakes for graduation.  So a full weekend ahead.  If the sun decides to peak out, my dear friend Amanda and I are going to try to get a walk in.

Ambition is a hard emotion to hang on to.  Some days I my cup runneth over with it and other days you would think that someone pokes a big hole in my cup and I couldn't gather enough ambition to cross the street.  Maybe I'm the only one that has this problem.  My friend Amanda and all the ladies I am lucky enough to meet at Zumba and Fusion help me on those days I have class, it's the days that I don't have class and especially the weekends were I over extend myself schedule wise and by the time I have a moment to myself, I opt for the nap or just sitting still for a minute rather than doing 100 squats.

I see all these stories on Advocare and facebook and Beach Body of all these people that have been able to change their lives and they look amazing.  Of course you don't get the day to day struggles that they had or exactly what they did, which I would love to know.  I'm a planner.  I like to have things organized AHEAD of time and follow that plan.  If I don't do that then I'm more or less sabatoging myself and even though I know this, sometimes the day gets away from me and I just want to hide under the covers.

But today is a new day and I'm the only one that can make the change.  I know I have great people who support me, but in the long run, it's really all up to me.  If I want my butt to get smaller, then I need to do more than I'm doing.  If I want to fit into a smaller pair of jeans, then it's up to me to say no to the cupcakes and even when I'm tired get up and do something, even if it's only for 10 to 15 minutes.  I love success stories and reading about how people changed their lives, I just really want to be one of them.  But I'm trying this healthy and doing the right way thing, rather than the fast and workout til I drop way I usually take, which works fast, but isn't very lasting.

So my quotes today reflect my mood:

QUOTES OF THE DAY
And this next one goes to Amanda, Savannah, Kathy, Shawna, Lisa R, Miriam, all the ladies at Zumba and Piloxing Fusion and to every person who every commented on FB or texted me encouragement.


Every day is a challenge and an adventure.  It's up to me to choose which one I want the day to become.  Some days you need to be challenged and other days you think you are ready for an adventure.  What will today be?  I'm shooting for adventure which a challenge here and there.

So have a great weekend everyone and I stay dry.

Remember,
You are Kind, You are Smart, and You are IMPORTANT, especially to me!!!

COUNTDOWN:
DAYS DOWN:  46
DAYS TO GO:  20
Weight Down:  16 lbs



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Ahead- SUCKS

I know the majority of you out there in blog land enjoy the changing of the seasons from winter to spring and you give me grief for my l...