Monday, April 20, 2015

Day 42

Day 42.
I put in 24 hours of work this weekend.  But I love getting to take pictures, especially Prom and dance studio pictures.  I love the kids and all the costumes and beautiful dresses. But since I do not do this on a regular basis, my body isn't used to all the squatting and walking back and forth like it once was.  Plus my voice is a little out of practice saying instructions over and over and over and over again.  Saturday I worked from 4:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. went home and got back up to drive to Spirit Lake at 6:00 a.m. an took pictures until 9:00 p.m.  Needless to say, I didn't get a lot of sleep this weekend but my fitbit says I surpassed by 12,000 daily step goal both days and Sunday I really went beyond my goal.
I have 27 days and I really thought I would be much further than I am.  I am not getting down on myself, because I know it's a journey and it doesn't happen overnight and I have made some significant changes.  I drink a lake more of water than I ever did.  I exercise much more frequently. But deep down I wish I could do more to make the weight come off.  I've never been the stick then girl (well maybe back in 7th grade before the boob fairy visited) but I'm tired of being the heavier girl.  I think of myself one way and then I will see a picture of myself and completely take a downward spiral of the amazing power of my imagination that I thought I was small than I am.  But I wanted to do it in a healthy way this time.  I have done the water fasting, fasting in general, I have had bouts of bulemia and have tried diet pills which make me jittery and feel like I'm on speed.  I tried Weight Watchers, Atkins, South Beach, and numerous other diets, but they are not very lasting.  Quick results yes, but I'm don't seem to be able to sustain the diet due to such restrictions.  Healthy is what I am striving for and I have eaten more fruit and vegetables and chicken in the past 42 days then I can't remember when.

I say this story and I related to the donkey.  Not that I think I'm an ass, but that even when you think others intentions are to your downfall, sometimes you have to shake it off and you will find your way out of the hole.

STORY OF THE DAY

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.
He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement he quieted down.
A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up.
As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!
MORAL :
Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a steppingstone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up.
Remember the five simple rules to be happy:
1. Free your heart from hatred - Forgive.
2. Free your mind from worries - Most never happens.
3. Live simply and appreciate what you have.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less from people but more from yourself.
I thanked my Piloxing Fusion instructor, Lisa, last week for having the class and I teared up.  Those that know me know I'm not one to cry in public and I keep my emotions and opinions pretty close to my heart.  But it had been a very long and emotional week and just telling her how much I appreciated he having class and the ladies that are in it, I could being get out the words, thank you.  We would have hugged but it was AFTER class and we were a bit on the sweaty side, so a raincheck was made.

My original goal was to lose 25 pounds by graduation (40 was my "in the perfect world" goal), I have lost 15 pounds and I forgot to weigh in this morning, heck I forgot to eat breakfast and also realized after I got to work I had put my sock AND my sports bra on inside out (needless to say working the whole weekend affected my ability to do simple tasks like dress myself).  So until I weigh myself tonight, I still have 10 pounds to go.  10 pounds in 27 days, that that like 2,8 pounds a week.  I can do that but I just have stay focused and not sample too many of the cupcakes I will be making in the next three weeks that a practice for graduation.

So what will today entail, even though I'm completely and totally exhausted am still planning on going to Fusion tonight to sweat and smile, even if I can barely stand.  I will go.

So Monday and we are on the downslide to graduation.  

Food Log, April 20, 2015
Breakfast
Forgot to eat

Lunch:
Broccoli and cauliflower with italian seasoning

SUPPER:
Chicken

COUNTDOWN:
DAYS DOWN:  42
DAYS TO GO:  27

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Ahead- SUCKS

I know the majority of you out there in blog land enjoy the changing of the seasons from winter to spring and you give me grief for my l...