Thursday, January 26, 2017

January 2017-Ending Recap

Tally:
Months without soda:  6
Months without pasta, bread, potatoes:  4 
Days a week workout:  5 to 6 days at least 30 minutes each day
Pounds lost:  64

So I did a quick jump on the scale and I'm down to 62 lbs lost, but it has been a slow process lately.  I have to admit, my heart hasn't been in it as much the last week or so.  Maybe it's a weather thing, but snow usually revitalizes me.  But I think I need people stimulation also.  I don't count work because my main objective is to do my job and my second one is to try to stay out of any drama.  Pretty easy to do since I refer to my office as "The Cave" (it's way in the back of the building).  

But there are exciting things on the horizon.  Zumba starts this Sunday and I'm sooooo excited to see all my Zumba Divas and do some cardio that makes me smile and sweat!  If you want to come, it starts on Sunday, January 29th at 4 pm in the basement at North Central Cooperative here in Clarion. Miriam is the best instructor and I always leaving smiling.  Have already signed up for one 5k but am looking for more.

I've added more treadmill to my weekly routine, and have gotten up to 4 minutes of running with a 2 minute break in between for 2.5 miles, but I've noticed my knees are a bit sore the next day, so maybe need to go slower in order to avoid injury later.

With all this snow, (I believe we got around 10 inches or so), I so desperately want to make cinnamon rolls and large batches of chicken and noodles on mashed potatoes and just jump in and eat my way out.  Well, guess what, that isn't an option anymore.  Well it is an option, just not one I'm going to take.  So now what?

Trying to find something to make each night is a challenge.  Luckily there are only 3 of us for supper and my hubby and son are so great, they pretty much are happy to make their own if  we really can't decide on something together.  

I'm have difficulty finding food choices that I like.  I like chicken but when you have it as often as I do, I'm afraid I might start laying eggs soon.  And I eat enough vegetables that I get to the point that if I see any more spinach, I'm going to turn into Popeye the Sailor Man.

So eating healthy sounds great.  It's the actual concept of doing it that makes it difficult.  Ever think about making a meal without potatoes, rice, bread, and pasta.  Try doing it now!  It's not so hard for the first few weeks, but think about it.  After you have so many variations of chicken (meat)  and vegetables, and you have stalked your pinterest boards searching for something different and tasty (by the way, not all those recipes are gems for the keeping, some were so bland, we just had scrambled eggs and bacon in order to get the lack of taste out of our mouths).

So here is the challenge I face.  And for those nay sayers, I use tons of different spices and seasonings in order to "spice" up the flavor quota on my meals.  I scour the internet for new recipe ideas or even just a suggestion of something different.  Each night is an adventure and a surprise as to what we end up eating for supper.  Many a night I make the boys a meal for them, but when it some to me, I'm usually stumped.  Maybe I'm getting bored and want something new.

So there is my speed bump in this journey.  But not one that is going to stop my journey.

It's getting to be that time of the day and my brain is asking me, "What's for Supper?"  I think I'll tell my brain is the men's choice tonight!  And if she doesn't like it, she can make her chicken and salad and sit in the corner and be quiet!







2 comments:

  1. There are a lot of Whole 30 recipes you may like. There is a sloppy joe one that is very good. I eat it over a sweet potatoe (not sure if you're doing sweet potato since they're really a yam and not a potato. Otherwise I also use romain lettuce leaves to make my own cups/wraps. I am yet to try a tuna "salad" made with avocados. I hear you though, my go to is eggs 😁! Keep working along I think the weather is making everyone a little blue!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Ahead- SUCKS

I know the majority of you out there in blog land enjoy the changing of the seasons from winter to spring and you give me grief for my l...