Friday, May 22, 2015

C25K = OMG LMAO

OK I really would like to think I look like an olympic runner when I run, I'm am so sure that I am so far from that image that it makes me laugh out loud. The fact when I look at my feet it seems like at times I am barely bringing them off the ground. But I'm not out there to impress others or give the impression to others that I'm a professional runner, exactly the opposite.  I'm out there to prove TO MYSELF that every step I take, whether it be at a run, jog, walk or crawl is one step to a better ME.  But I do laugh to myself because in my strange and demented mind, I pretend, especially towards that end of my run, that I have people in the stand cheering me on and that there is a big red ribbon strung across the road just begging me to break through it and ready for my photo finish. I even put my hands in the air and do a small victory dance on the way home. See I told you I had a very vivid imagination.
Only downside is since starting by C25K, I notice after I run my ankles get terribly swollen and my achilles tendons are sore.  Luckily I am able to get a shoe fitting next week with my divas at Browns Shoes in Fort Dodge to hopefully get a pair of shoes that will help me in my strife.

Maybe because my poor ankles at this moment have to try to haul a large amount of weight in a fast pace than they are used to that they are rebelling.  So have only been able to do the run every other day, but on the end of Week 1 today and feel pretty good about it even though I get discourage that my body is fighting me on this.  But I just remember as long as I'm not ON THE COUCH, and I'm moving then I am moving forward.

Got an amazing pick me up the other day.  My Fusion/C25K class is doing shoe fittings and we could sign up for two nights.  Me being impatient and desperate for help in getting the correct pair of shoes shoes signed up for the first night and someone from class IM'd me and said that they really wanted me to come to the second fitting because they missed me and wanted to see me!  That was the cherry on my week.  So I'm going to both just to see my girls!  And maybe if my checkbook allows, a second pair of shoes!!!!

As I've said before it only take a small gesture or a kind word to make your day and that made my week, heck made my month.  So thank you Miss Lisa for taking the time out of your day to make me feel amazing and wanted.

So my QUOTE OF THE DAY!


I don't know about you, but I always start a diet, a workout plan, or basically anything on Monday, at least that is my intention, but imagine if I started now.  How many of us save that special perfume for good occasions or only wear that beautiful piece of jewelry one day a year.  I say break open the perfume and wear that jewelry.  Sometimes you have to let go of your fears, and live in the now.  I use the "Will it matter in a week, will it matter in a year?"  Most the time the answer is NO.  You move forward and you give yourself a "Life Pass" because guess what I'm human and make mistakes, but when I learn from my mistake, that makes me a better person.  I am far from perfect, but I'm hopefully not far from being a good person.  I am definitely an "out of the box" person, but that's what makes me the me I am.

So before the gloom of rain decides to water down our weekend, enjoy the beautiful sunshine and remember all those servicepersons who have given their greatest gift so that we can have what we have.

Happy Memorial Weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Ahead- SUCKS

I know the majority of you out there in blog land enjoy the changing of the seasons from winter to spring and you give me grief for my l...