Tuesday, November 21, 2017

THE DRESS!

This week is going to be a blur so I am going to hurry and post before the holiday festivities begin.  This weekend I had the honor to attend a wedding of a family friend, in all reality, they are family.
But the big thing that happened is that I wore a DRESS!  Yes a dress, I do believe the last dress I wore was my wedding and that was 28 years ago.  This was not a flowy dress.  This was a tight, cling to my figure dress that I actually put on and went out in public with.

The other big thing I did, I DANCED!  I bounced around and danced for hours without looking like a drowned rat at the end of the night.  I bounced, shimmied, and wiggled my body like a woman possessed.  The funny thing is, I only had one shot the entire night (what can I say, you can't say no to the mother of the groom).  I got more than 24,000 steps on my fitbit that day and aside from trying to dance in my heels the first 30 minutes, I felt FANTASTIC!

I had so much fun.  I love this family like my own and it's give me nothing but joy and excitement when I get to see friends that make me laugh and just happy.  I got to catch up on their families and hug and laugh and just be silly and wild with the most amazing people ever!

So as promised, here is the dress.  Please note, I forgot to take the pic BEFORE the wedding, so this is at 12:30 am after the wedding, cause I did promise to post a pic.



Now my hair was much fluffier and my support pantyhose had a bit more support at the beginning of the night, but to be honest, I didn't care.  I actually thought I looked pretty good.  Not fashion model runway material, but pretty good for a 48 year old mother of 3 that has been literally working her butt off.

So these two pictures really make all the hard work worth it.  I now have a permanent record of what I have accomplished.  I would have covered up in a sweater before, NEVER would have worn heels and not a change in H E double hockey sticks would I have ever worn a dress this tight.  But taking a leap out of my comfort zone and trusting my daughter and hubby that I did look nice, I just did it.

This was a HUGE day for me!  No I wasn't the one getting married but I sure did feel like a bride all prettied up and fancy.  And my friends were nothing but supportive and kind.  So many compliments and hugs and smiles, now who wouldn't want to spend their Saturday night being complimented and boogieing with the most amazing dancing divas around.

So as Thanksgiving is only a few days away and then it will be a whirlwind of activity, I am still flying high on the effect of feeling good on the inside as well as the outside.

So, I hope your Thanksgiving is filled with blessings and laughter.  Remember that you have to allow your special occasions.  Don't fret the pie or the stuffing.  Remember to use moderation, and as a friend just recently said to me (shout out to my my girl, AMANDA), you have to find your "worth it", like Halloween candy isn't worth it, but your grandmother's pie at Thanksgiving is definitely a "worth it".  So find your "Worth It" this holiday and remember you can burn off some of those calories on your Black Friday shopping.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and have a peachy rest of your week.

2 comments:

Spring Ahead- SUCKS

I know the majority of you out there in blog land enjoy the changing of the seasons from winter to spring and you give me grief for my l...