Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Bike Riding and Life Lesson

Back in May I made a commitment to myself that I would ride my bike to work every day until it snows.  So through rain, sleet, and wind I've ridden my little green monster back and forth to work.  But now as I wake up to 30 degree weather and have on my scarf and mittens I am determined to ride my bike until it snows.  When will that be you ask?  No clue, I might still be pedaling my happy butt til Christmas. I like the the crisp air in the morning and having the sun on my face (when it does happen to stay out more than 6 minutes) when I'm riding home for lunch or coming and going to work.

Now I have almost been hit by two cars because apparently a big red STOP sign is too confusing to some and even though I'm on a bike, driving rules apply and I still have the right of way, but hey they didn't hit me and I sincerely hope they weren't trying to make some kind of points in a driving game I'm unaware of the rules.  Though I do know you when if you can find a blue haired lady walking a pink dog with a purple collar, so be on the look out to win.

Just a bit of humor for you, as I was working out the other day at the gym, I was doing my floor work and right behind me is the ever strong and dedicated muscle men who grunt and groan their way to amazing pecs and delts and other muscles groups. 

So as I'm bending over and squatting on the ground, kicking my legs back and forth and basically giving them the full glory of my back end.  I am working hard, sweating like I'm a fountain, and determined to do one more rep than last time.  When I work out I am oblivious to what is going on around me usually, I put in my headphones and get lost in my music and concentrate on the clock to determine how many more seconds I have to do a plank.  So after a very successful, (at least I didn't pass gas or fall over and need assistance), I had to use the rest room before leaving for home.  As I'm sitting there doing what everyone has to do when they consume too much liquid, I notice that I can see the floor through my work out pants.  After closer inspection, I notice I have a nice rip where the seam is smack in the middle of my butt.  Now this wouldn't normally concern me because I usually wear black underwear with my work out attire, but today I was in a hurry and went with whatever I had on from work.  Needless to say their were a bright yellow and has happy faces on them.  As I finish and decide to see if my panic attack is worthy or not, I bend over and look in the mirror and by goodness if it isn't like a flashing street light in the middle of a blackout.  I do believe that if ANY of the muscle men looked in my direction they had to have a snicker and perhaps a giggle as my small attempt at exibitionism, but lucky for me they were too much of a gentlemen to point it out as to embarrass me, anyway that's the story I'm sticking with.  So as I pull down my shirt to cover my butt and quickly exit the gym, I smile at myself at the thought that I just did an hour show of my happy face underwear for the whole gym to enjoy.  Now that is what I call a one woman show!

Needless to say, I now make sure to check all my pants BEFORE I put them on and do a stretch test to make sure I don't have an stress fractures to worry about.

So as we have a calm week before the hustle and bustle of getting ready for Thanksgiving begins and starting up the holiday season, take a second to realize the beauty in your surroundings.  I'm sure the big muscle men at my gym didn't know that their workout that night was going to include a bit of humor and fun, and I'm know that they saw but I was too intense in my workout to read the signs. So I guess showing a happy face, even if it is ON your underwear, is one way to share a smile.

So take a minute and enjoy what you have and always remember to check your workout pants for holes and wear coordinating colored underwear when you work out!  Just a little life lesson from me to you.

Have a peachy week my friends and until next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Ahead- SUCKS

I know the majority of you out there in blog land enjoy the changing of the seasons from winter to spring and you give me grief for my l...