Monday, October 9, 2017

QUESTION OF THE DAY? DID I MAKE MY 1 YEAR GOAL????

So I sincerely apologize for the delay in getting this post up.  My hubby had some major surgery (he is fine) but has needed my attention and I help run our city recreation soccer league for 1st through 6th grade and to be totally honest there are not enough hours in the day to accomplish everything I need to get done.

So did I make my one year goal?  This is the question on the table.  So with a bit of weariness and a little bit of fear I went to the doctor and stood on their fancy shmancy scale that I believe will tell all my secrets from the past due to it's shiny appearance and multiple digital numbers it spits out when I am standing on it.

So on I step, and grab the handles as instructed and honestly begin to pray that I at least am close, I will be happy as long as I didn't GAIN anything.  So after what seemed like forever, which in reality was about 7 seconds, the very nice lady in front of me announces, "Guess what you are down 105 pounds from a year ago!"  Talk about jubilation.  I do believe I felt a weight lifted off me, well guess what, I did lift a weight off me, 105 pounds worth.
(Just an update, that was about two weeks ago and as of this morning I've lost 107, so 19 more pounds to go for my ultimate goal which doesn't at this moment have an exact goal date)

That practically a middle school child or a little over four 25 pound toddlers I've lost, so I did a little research and to put it all in perspective:

105 pounds is equal to:

10 - 10 pound bowling balls

5 1/2- Car Tires




21 - Little Chihuahua dogs

21 - Gallons of Vanilla Ice Cream

1252.35 - Hostess Twinkies

So as I said I would do, I went back through my post from the beginning and I noticed a few things, 

Number one, I'm pretty clever and funny at times, guess I never realized it until I took a step back and read them in a different frame of mind.  Yes I'm the butt of my own jokes, but hey if my life wasn't so bloody funny, I wouldn't have anything to say.

Number 2 - There is definitely an attitude and self-esteem change.  I'm the first to make fun of myself, because hey my life is pretty hysterical at times and I like to share the laughter, but I could see the sadness in some of my posts and I can remember feeling the way I felt and thinking when was the shoe going to drop.  But as time went on I was able to read the shift in my thinking.  I cared less of what other people thought and more about what I thought. I'm not saying I'm perfect or that I don't still struggle, but I can see that I was struggling so much internally then that I know now that I don't have the heavy burden over me any more.  I'm still learning to let go of things that hurt me but knowing that I'm healthier and feel better than I have in years makes it easier to do.

Number 3 - I'm able to run!  I may run as though I'm dragging a Mack truck behind me, but I CAN RUN!  My knees don't hurt.  I don't run out of breath doing stairs.  I can do a plank correctly and not on my knees! (Even though I really hate doing planks!)  I actually did jumping jacks this week at Bootcamp class.  I haven't done a jumping jack (Where there was air in between my feet and floor) in probably 10 years because it hurt my knees too much.  I can jump!  Maybe not a Micheal Jordan slam dunking a basketball jump, but I can get some height between me and the floor!

Number 4 - I make smart choices when I eat.  Emotional eating is no longer an option.  When I'm having a bad day, I go workout, go for a walk, crochet, paint, I find any other option that doesn't include me sitting on the couch in front of the tv stuffing my face with comfort food that used to make me feel better while doing it, but then came the guilt of doing it after and the consequences of trying to fit into my clothes after.  I still eat out, I choose not to eat certain foods.  I CAN eat them, but knowing what my difficult foods for me are, I now can just say, NO Thank You when offered and walk away.  

This journey isn't over.  To be in the correct BMI range, which I know is not perfect, but my goal is to at least be in the range of normal, which being normal would be a first for me.  So 19 more pounds.  I know weight training is probably my key, and I'm slowly wrapping my mind around it but wish there were more options for classes in my area. But since I chose to live in my wonderful little town, it is up to me to find other sources to do.  I've just gotten the Body Boss program and will be starting this on Monday.  So will let you know how it goes.


1 YEAR

Months without Soda or Alcohol

13 months

Months without Pasta, Potatoes, Bread, and Sweets

12 months

Total pound to date

107

Total pounds to year end goal

-7 
I'm over my goal by 7 pounds!

Total to Ultimate Goal

19 pounds


So as soon as I get a minute I will post pics in a very future post to show my progress.  I have one year under my belt and where I go from here is completely up to me.  No time to backslide now, just because I've achieved my one year goal is not a reason to decline in my commitment.

This is a struggle EVERY day!  Some days the struggle is small and some days it's BIG! But every day is a new day to start again and every day is whatever you make of it.  And that's my goal, it make every single day count.

So Happy 1 Year Anniversary to me!

I worked hard every single day, minute, and second of this year!

So onward and upward my friends.
Have a peachy week!



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sandy! Your commitment to yourself, your health and change of lifestyle is very inspiring and uplifting! I truly enjoy that you keep your blog real-the uplifting moments, the hard core emotional moments and everything in between. Great health and feeling amazing is a wonderful reward for your commitment to yourself! Looking forward to seeing what's next for you ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll, now have to figure out a way to lose that last 19. Thank you for your kind words and your encouragement, I try to keep it "real".

      Delete

Spring Ahead- SUCKS

I know the majority of you out there in blog land enjoy the changing of the seasons from winter to spring and you give me grief for my l...