Wednesday, March 22, 2017

What did we do before technology?

I know you are all waiting "patiently" for me to post my 6 month pics and I will.  I just seriously have not had a moment to put on something I'm willing for the world to see me in and take a pic.  I promise they will be coming post haste.

Anyway, I got a strange IM yesterday.  So they asked me if I was who I was, and if I was the daughter of my mother (is this confusing enough, don't want to be throwing out names and such to keep the innocent safe).  I replied back that I was and low and behold, found a cousin from my mothers side that I haven't seen since my mother passed in 1982.  Let's just say my father wasn't the best at keeping me and my siblings in touch with her side of the family.

At first I was excited, thrilled.  I had tried on my own to find people, but people get married, names change, everyone moves to all corners of the universe and I have to admit my memory was a bit fuzzy on details of all those involved.

It was nice to hear they had been looking for us also. But as with any story involving family, with the sweet comes the bitter.  Basically out of all 7 siblings (my mom included) there is only one uncle, Uncle John, left.  The rest have passed on.  Which in a way is really quite sad.  I realize I haven't seen these individuals in 32 years, though I did see my Uncle Gene and Aunt Brenda, Aunt Mary, and Grandmother Rose in 1995 when we visited Texas, but it was only a 24 hour visit and to be honest,   there was a thirteen year gap from the funeral until Texas, and they didn't know me and I really didn't know them very well.  I remembered bits and pieces but have to say it just made me miss my mom more.

So there are cousins that are still around and luckily one of them found me on Facebook.  Now I've basically gone through my life with very little family besides my immediate family, but after the passing of my mom, dad, and all my grandparents, it's funny how staying in touch seems to blend away in time.

So I am digesting all the information I am getting and to be honest, it's a lot to process.  Maybe you come from big families and this whole concept is foreign to you.  And to be honest, I'm so glad it is foreign to you.  I would be thrilled to have lots of family that has known me since birth.  But unfortunately that number is dwindling to a very small and exclusive club and I unfortunately haven't been on the guest list to get in for some time.

So this week has been more thinking of my mom and remembering the small bits I can remember of her family.  I am still working out every day, but this information seems to be flooding my brain and I'm a bit distracted, which I'm sure is normal.  Would be the first time I was ever "normal"!

So as I process this wonderful thing that happened, I will get my camera charged, put on some clothes (no nude pics happening here, ladies and gentlemen, not that kind of blog) and take an after pic for all to see.

So thank you for your patience and support.  This has been definitely an interesting development.  Now to see where it leads......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Ahead- SUCKS

I know the majority of you out there in blog land enjoy the changing of the seasons from winter to spring and you give me grief for my l...