Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Doing Too MUCH all at once

Every mom knows that feeling that you are doing a thousand things as once and still not getting anything accomplished.  Well that has been my last two weeks, I am constantly busy running to and fro and I don't feel like I have accomplished anything except learn how to navigate on ice in my fancy dress boots without breaking a hip.

I used to stress about not getting things done, but hey there are only 24 hours in a day (that's right for the next week of so until Daylight savings, then we Spring forward and lose an hour). So then on that day we only get 23 hours.  We just can't win!

Time goes by and guess what you can't keep it in your pocket and you can't get it back.  So every minute deserves your full attention.  I try very hard when I'm talking to someone face to face to put my phone away.  The person I'm with deserves my undivided attention and that is what they will get, but sometimes the courtesy isn't reciprocated.

Nothing is more disheartening than when you are in the middle of a conversation and the person you are speaking to takes out their phone and starts scrolling or texting.  Am I THAT boring that you need additional entertainment in my presence?  Anyone who has met me knows that I can bring the entertainment and fun factor to a conversation to an almost deafening level, but one look at their phone and I lose heart a bit.

I know we all have busy lives, kids, husbands, family, church, friends, and community that pull us this way and that, but are we paying attention while we are in the moment.

Think about all those pictures on your phone or videos that you took that you practically watched whatever it may have been through the lens of your phone or camera.  Did you really do anything with those?  10 to 1 odds they are still on your phone or you have transferred them to the cloud or your computer and they are just sitting there.  You had full intention to scrapbook or print them out but where are they really.  Sitting and have you looked at them since.  NOPE!

Hey I'm just as guilty, but have decided to be in the moment.  To enjoy those around me and to give them my full undivided attention.

Every day is a gift, some you don't really want to open cause you know there are going to be challenge, and others you rip that wrapping paper like a me on a cupcake, if I still ate cupcake, so in general  like the Tasmanian Devil.

So my gift to you this week is to try to be in the moment.  Put your phone away, put it on silent, not vibrate and pay attention to those in front of you or around you.  You can meet the most interesting people if you JUST LOOK UP FROM YOUR PHONE!

So that's my observation this week.  Last day of February, so a new month and hopefully some sunshine, but this is Iowa, the weather is very fickle.

So have a peachy week my friends and be AMAZING!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Ahead- SUCKS

I know the majority of you out there in blog land enjoy the changing of the seasons from winter to spring and you give me grief for my l...