Monday, March 16, 2015

Day 6 - Weekends Are My Achilles Heel

Day 6

Day 6 and weekends are always my weak point. So haven't drank as much water but no soda either.  Had eggs, sausage, and pico de gallo for breakfast and lettuce with boiled egg, smoked pork and pico de gallo for lunch.  Got a 45 minute walk in this morning and think I pulled my Achilles' tendon the other day because it is a bit tender today but walked through the pain.  That was not the best idea so have been icing it all afternoon.

Did shush kabobs and cauliflower bites for supper.  They were really good.  Here's the recipe if you want to try them.  Will definitely be making these again!

Cauliflower cheese bites
10 oz cauliflower florets
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 eggs (beaten)
1 tsp parsley flakes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic power
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese

Cook cauliflower in microwave until hot. Drain and squeeze excess moisture from florets.  I used paper towels.  Chopped up the cauliflower and add all ingredients together.  Scoop onto cookie sheet in spoonfuls and smash down a bit.  Cook in oven at 400 for 17 minutes until brown. Serve while hot and with marinara or ranch if you wish.  I used a cookie scoop to put on the sheet that way they were all the same size and shape to cook evenly.  You can fry them in oil on the stove but that's a big no no in my adventure book.

I had them plain without sauce and they were really good.  I think next time I might add some pepper because I'm a big pepper fan but everyone loved them.  There were none left plus they are paleo diet friendly.  I know I bent two of my rules with the cheese and breadcrumbs but finding things to eat is getting a bit difficult.  I probably only had less than 1/32 of a cup of crumbs and the cheese equals to about a thumb size amount.  So still good and it has to be about portion size.

Did treat myself to a brownie that I made for my boys.  It was about 2 bites worth but enough to treat myself and get rid of my craving for something sweet.  I have kept on track and with my challenges done and my 45 minute walk, I treated myself for being so good this week.  I could have easily devoured the whole pan and put ice cream on the entire thing but I didn't, but the point is that my goal was more important that my instant gratification for a bigger brownie.  Which brings me to my quote of the day.

                                                  Quote of the Day


I have noticed that even though I could have a soda, I really don't want one. Which is extremely out of character for me.

Weekends are my Achilles heel and I made it through today pretty good.  Hopefully tomorrow is as easy.  If I can get out and walk (if my heal pain is better) I will be good otherwise will have to do a DVD while I heal a bit.

So hope your weekend is going well and you got to enjoy some outside time.  Stay tuned tomorrow
For another episode.


Food Log Saturday March 14, 2015
Breakfast
2 eggs
1 fresh sausage patties (size of a silver dollar)
2 tsp pico de gallo

LUNCH
Lettuce
Shredded smoked pork(2 tablespoons)
1 hard boiled egg
2 tsp pico de gallo

SUPPER
Shush kabob (beef, onion, mushroom, green pepper, zucchini)
2 cauliflower bites

SNACK
2 inch by 1/2 in brownie
COUNTDOWN
DAYS DOWN:  6
DAYS TO GO:  63

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Ahead- SUCKS

I know the majority of you out there in blog land enjoy the changing of the seasons from winter to spring and you give me grief for my l...